Monday, April 26, 2010

Loving Lemon

Spring may be my favorite time of year.  There's such hope.  Everything is blossoming, and life begins anew.  I have been craving, no, more obsessed with desserts as fresh as spring.  That means fruit.  This time lemon.  Citrus is so refreshing, and so successfully lightens desserts.   I love it.
 
It might not look like much, but this lemon cake is killer.  The recipe is my mom's, and comes from the Art Museum cookbook.  The original is for lemon "bread," though it's really a cake.  Chopped walnuts are on the ingredient list.  I always omit them.  To me they interrupt the flavor and texture.  Sweetened lemon need no distraction.

I poked holes on the cake and poured a lemon glaze on top.  The glaze seeped into the cake.  Adding a little crunch and lots of lemon flavor.  Next time I want to serve it with blueberries and whipped cream. 

No comments:

Post a Comment