Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oh So Peachy


I have this great layer cake cookbook, Sky High.  Slowly I’ve been trying out some of the recipes.  It is my favorite cake cookbook, I’ve just decided.

The latest cake I tried was peach melba.  Are you ready for this?  It is a cream cake, brushed with a peach schnapps simple syrup, layered with peach mousse, and iced with raspberry cream.  The whole thing is then served a raspberry-peach sauce. 

The thing I love about this cookbook is the cakes are so creative and innovative.

First off I can’t begin to describe how delicious just the cream cake is.  It has no butter, only heavy cream.  It is airy like angel food and rich like a pound; moist and delicious.  The peach mousse is, well, peachy.  Think peaches and cream with just the texture of cream.  The raspberry cream icing has all the delicacy of raspberries without those pesky seeds. 

The three together were heavenly.  Not to mention the stunning colors represented in one slice.  It is one of my favorite cakes.  Perfect for a special occasion on a sunny spring day.

No comments:

Post a Comment